GREAT AGAIN: Investors, Industry growth reflects a vote of confidence in President Trump’s economic plan.
The high watermark everybody was anticipating in the last days of 2017 didn’t materialize before the end of the year. But it wasn’t far off. Today the Dow Jones Industrial Average topped 25,000 for the first time ever, and by all indicators, it is going to continue to rise.
Since the election of Donald Trump in November of 2016, the market has been on a tear. The growth in the past year has been the fastest, largets year of growth in the history of the Dow Jones.
Other indexes are also at or approaching their record highs as well. The Nasdaq is now above 7,000, and the S & P is at 2725,
The market optimism is due to many factors, most notably the jobs report, which shows the previous month America added over 250,000 jobs, while layoffs dropped significantly, and the unemployment rate fell yet again.
Meanwhile, crude oil is now above $61 a barrel, which should help the energy-driven economies of states like North Dakota, Montana and others.
Also, President Trump announced today that he will allow drilling in All US waters, which is seen as a key to his plan to make America completely energy-independent.
Elsewhere in the news:
- 4.4 earthquake rattles Bay area of California
- Eastern U.S. braces for ‘Superstorm”
- Blizzard conditions and lots of snow expected
- Record low temps expected across large swath
- Boston expecting as much as 18 inches
- DOJ looking into Hillary’s emails again
- Bizarre files: Rest. Manager shoots fry cook after negative Yelp review
- ISIS targets Hamas for “not hating Jews enough”
Join us LIVE from 3 to 5pm ET for the JJ McCartney Show at www.jjmccartney.com and Red State Talk Radio.